Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In the Media: Does the media today pressure teenagers to act sexually?

I am currently researching about Media and its effects on teenagers. The question that I am researching is: Does the Media pressure teenagers to act or dress sexually. In my research I found a study that later televised on "The Today Show." Here is the link to the article and the video. However I am not allowed to use something apart of the "big six" for my research and NBC happens to be owned by GE. GE is on of the 6. So I found this site called eHOW who is owned be Demand Media Inc. This website provides the same exact question I ask. It then has information like History, Benefits and risks with media today. Here is the link to that page. I then found the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. Its made up of physicians, social workers, researchers and educators. They provided an article based on Teens and the Media. It provides facts and tips that are very helpful to my research on this topic. This is all that I have came up with so far but I will continue to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment